Monday, August 4, 2014

August Update

Not a lot to relate. I'm still working on the test shawl, as you can see it's getting bigger. Working on a 4th yellow section now because it's still much too small. It's only about 32" wide in this photo.
Saturday I turned in my registration form for the county fair. I'm submitting 2 shawls and 2 sweaters. Don't know which yet and I still need to add buttons and block 2 of the 3 sweaters that are eligible (handmade by me and not entered previously seem to be the only rules. Got to get them done by the 18th. Have to buy buttons for one of them, will be going to Alpena tomorrow to do that.

Having another heat wave. Yesterday hit 88 degrees with 98% humidity, not pleasant, but I managed to walk the dogs through the woods 5 loops around. Rode my exercise bike too for the 2nd day in a row. Hal and I have finally really started doing better on our weight loss program. No mega snacks at night unless it's fruit. Last night was a pitiful flavorless watermelon and some cherries. I've gotten through 3 days of this and it's a little easier every day. He's been doing this at camp mostly while he works on food plots, mowing, blind building. He did have pizza at his parent's house the other night but he turned down the ice cream. I want to lose 4-5 pounds by September 1. The plan a month ago to lose 10 was just not realistic. 4 pounds in 4 weeks is though. Just have to keep it up!

Ziggy has climbed halfway onto my chair right now and Luna is staring at me. I think they want to go for their morning walk. I suppose I ought to oblige them as it's still only 71 outside and as I said, there isn't much else to say.

No comments: