Thursday, July 31, 2014

Shawl Test

I'm testing another shawl pattern, this one for Michelle DuNaier, the designer for whom I did the Anemone cardigan. It's the 2nd shawl of a 3 shawl series she's designing based on an early 20th century pattern and the series Downton Abbey on PBS. She's named them after the 3 sisters in the show (I assume they are sisters, I haven't seen enough of the show to know for sure) Lady Edith, Lady Sybil and Lady Mary. I'm doing Lady Sybil using 2 colors of an inexpensive (okay, I'll admit, cheap at only $1 per skein) acrylic yarn I picked up at Big Lots.
Here's the only photo so far though It's twice the size now. It's a nice pale yellow which in my experience has been very hard to find. Generally the yellows are brighter and mostly in baby yarns. The cream is also very nice as it has a yellow undertone rather than a beige undertone as most of them seem to have. It's a pretty easy pattern though I had a little difficulty today due to my own stupidity, not paying attention, whatever you want to call it. But I'm back on track now. Hopefully I'll have another photo to share in a day or two.

No comments: