Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Another Shawl

This one is called Isolde by Wendy Lewis. I got the pattern from the summer issue of Crochet! Magazine. I decided to buy the entire issue rather than just the pattern because there were other patterns inside I wanted to make. I'm using Lion Brands LB 1878, a 100% virgin will in plum, a dark purple color. I really like this yarn, and of course, as soon as I discovered it Lionbrand decides to discontinue it! But there's plenty on the cone so I'll have more than enough to finish.

The design in in 3 sections, I'm currently on the 3rd pattern repeat of Section 2. The first section went really fast, the second has lots of picots which are an annoying little stitch requiring one to stick the hook into the beginning chain of a certain number of chains specified in the pattern. To me the worst this time though is the row with a double crochet every stitch. It seems to take forever to complete those rows.

Here is a photo of it unblocked. It's got an awful lot of ripples which I find worrisome as I wasn't sure that they would go away after blocking so I did a test block with it dry.


As you can see the dry blocking makes them disappear but of course they won't and didn't stay away when i unpinned it. I am hoping a good long soak and pinning to dry will make them disappear permanently. I'm told this will usually work. I hope so because I am toying with the idea of entering it in the county fair in August. Stay tuned.




No comments: