Sunday, March 29, 2015

Lower Back Update

I stopped talking the celebrex and flexeril Friday night. I had started walking the pups in the woods a bit on Thursday. I've been able to sit in my recliner again, getting in and out of bed no longer hurts, I'm being very careful though when it comes to bending (with the knees!) and not lifting anything heavier than 5 pounds or so and keeping it close to my body. Yesterday I started feeling really good and today even better. The dogs are happy they are being walked again and so am I.

Not counting the idiotic attempt at walking with crutches the day I hurt my back I've only walked 3 days out of the past week. It explains why I did not lose any weight this week but I didn't gain any either, It may have helped that on a couple of days I had half sandwiches or yogurt for lunch instead of whole sandwiches. But I'm still down 11 pounds for the year with a goal of 20. So still only 9 to go and quite doable if I don't screw my back up again.

No comments: