Sunday, March 22, 2015

Lots of Pain

And I mean the excruciating, makes you cry kind of pain.

I was collecting sap yesterday morning, lots of bending down and pouring liquid into buckets. Hal had gotten bigger buckets from the Wal-Mart bakery so we could make fewer trips. I had already brought in a couple and was literally on the next to last tree. But this tree is in the old duck pen which is covered with netting about 4-5 feet off the ground so I had to bend over to walk in and out, then kneel down, pour the sap, lift the bucket, turn around and get back out. It was that lifting and turning motion that did it. My lower back muscles spasmed, I dropped the bucket (managing to save the sap somehow) and was on my butt dialing my cell phone for Hal to rescue me.

Since then I have done stupid things; trying to walk it off using crutches, walking the dogs through the woods. Twice. Been downhill from there ever since. I'm taking celebrex, 400 mg at a time. I can barely get to the bathroom. Sitting up for any length of time is agony, flat on my back is the only pain free position I have. Tried heat with the mattress heater yesterday, a mistake. Using ice again today, when I can get it.

I hate being trapped like this but there is little I can do but wait it out. Could be days.

No comments: