Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Thaw is Over

Today's high temp was 36f. But it was sunny (though windy). We haven't seen the sun in days and it sure felt good. I walked the dogs twice, played Frisbee with Luna, and Rocket played soccer with his big plastic ball. He's definitely feeling better though when Luna yanked his tail while he stood on a sheet of ice, sending all 4 of his legs akimbo (and making him whimper) as he tried to spin around and stop her, you could tell he wasn't a spring chicken. Poor boy .

Tomorrow the temps are supposed to fall into the 20's for the next 5 or 6 days. And now we've been issued a Winter Storm Watch for Thursday night into Friday for a possible 6 inches of snow. It figures, as I now have a dentist appointment for Friday morning. (Woke up with a toothache today.) Maybe I'll get lucky and the storm will fizzle, it happens a lot. Or maybe I'll be luckier and my tooth will get better. Fat chance of that, teeth don't seem to improve without spending a lot of money on them.

But I can't really complain, I like winter. I spent 14 years in southern California and never made peace with its lack of seasons. I like my 4 seasons and a snow storm here and there is kind of fun as long as no one gets hurt and my power doesn't go out.

No comments: