Thursday, May 27, 2021

Arbor DayTrees

My trees I ordered from the Arbor Day Foundation arrived the other day and I planted the tulip trees and about 11 of the Black Hills spruce today. Tomorrow I hope to plant the remaining spruces as well as the free red maple and the American hazelnut I bought. I really have no idea where to put the rest, but I'll think of something. Six of the spruces went along the north side of the pole barn today, The soil was concrete-like clay, I couldn't even get the shovel in one shovel depth, I hope they survive. I was not impressed with the trees at all. The majority of tulip trees were missing most of their rootlets and fully half of the 50 spruce have brown, dead needles and no signs of growth. the ones that did have growth were pale yellow as though they'd been in the dark for a month. I don't hold out much hope for these. Time will tell.

No comments: