Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Another Sweater

Started a new cardigan last week, a free Lion Brand pattern that called the Top Down Crochet Jacket. It is a raglan type design that is basically very easy but I modified the body just slightly and consequently I've had trouble with stitch counts. Last night I ripped out about 8 rows and with slightly fuzzy yarn it is slow and frustrating.

This morning I finally figured out the missing stitch was at the end of a row another 3 rows back but decided to leave it and at it back in on the next row. The edging should hide it unlike a missed stitch in the middle of a row leaving an obvious hole. Hal took a photo of me wearing it yesterday.
I have since added 10 more rows to it and have decided to add another 4 before I start on the sleeves. I'm pretty happy with it and it actually fits though it's hard to tell from this photo. There will also be an edging, according to the pattern I'm supposed to use the multi-colored yarn but I think I may use the purple. The purple yarn is Caron's Vickie Howell Sheepish in "Plumish" a 70% acrylic, 30% wool worsted weight. The variegated is Red Heart Unforgettable in "Candied", a 100% acrylic worsted weight which often becomes much thinner.

While I love the colors of Unforgettable, the first skein of yarn had many knots which I had to retie and often they paid no heed to the color scheme and would just tie a pink right to a blue, or pink to a yellow. Very annoying. On about the 5th knot I just tossed what was left of that skein and started another. But I shall persevere and hopefully have a useful sweater in another week or two.

No comments: