Monday, April 29, 2019

Laundry Room is Finished

It's as finished as we plan to do at this time. The possible shower is on hold for now, it took me a week longer than planned because of that oil stain, but last week I did get those walls painted. The exterior block wall I coated twice with Dry-Lock waterproofing paint just in case there was any possibility of  water penetration, and then it and the other 3 walls all have 2 coats of porch and floor paint tinted with Benjamin Moore's Ocean Beach, a yellowy beige which I really, really like. The floor has to cure 30 days before it can be painted so it's likely it will not get painted at all.
So much prettier

The corner where the shower would be.
I put my 5 foot diameter rug that was in the living room, it was too small for the space anyway, into the laundry room, makes it "homier". Now that it's done, it is just so much more pleasant to be in! I have no idea why I didn't do this 19 years ago when we moved in, but it probably had something to do with not knowing how to fix the floor. Sure hope these things help, the house will be re-listed May 1st.


No comments: