Tuesday, August 30, 2016

2016 Alcona County Fair Results

I entered 8 items in the county fair this year, 2 quilted items, 3 sewn garments and 3 crocheted items.

For quilts I made a table runner to go with some place-mats I made for my friend. It took 2nd in "Other Quilted Items". I entered a small quilt (a future gift). I wasn't planning to enter any quilt. I know neither this one nor the other one I made so far this year could take first, and indeed, it came in 3rd.

In the garment section I entered the denim skirt I made last summer and did not enter last year because I entered a different skirt. It took first. (last year, too)
Then I entered the gingham flannel shirt I made at the end of winter this year and the green seersucker top I started 2 summers ago and got stuck on because I gained weight since I bought the pattern and forgot to take that into account. It only took 2 years to try again, I added gussets. The same kind I added to the flannel shirt because that too, was too small a pattern. The green seersucker took 2nd and the flannel shirt 1st. They were in competition with each other.

My hat took first in crocheted hats.
My little market bag only took 3rd in the category "Other Crocheted Items".
My shawl took first in crochet shawls AND Best in Category for all crocheted items. I have never won a ribbon like that before.

I never got to the fair during the week after I dropped my items off, but one of the women working there said they had a good turnout of entries so I wasn't only competing with myself. Makes taking first place a little more special.

Presenting my haul.

 Not bad I'd say.

No comments: