Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Neglecting my Blog, Again

I didn't mean to wait this long to post, but out of sight, out of mind. I really need to keep a tab open in my browser with this blog loaded. I've been taking lots of photos and doing lots of things with the intent to blog about it and now I've got so much I don't know where to begin. This may be out of order chronologically, which sort of upsets my internal balance, but I'll get over it. It's not earth shattering after all.

I'm working on the edging of that purple shawl I mentioned April 11th. I'm feeling my way with it, trying to combine 2 different edgings into one I understand better. Not having done any real designing in crochet before, this could be great or a disaster. The body of the shawl is a couple inches longer than the last photo but I had to stop and start the edging to make sure I had enough yarn as I only have 4 skeins total. Hopefully, next month I'll have a new photo of the finished wrap.

Hal and I bought a bed. One of those foam mattress sets, a Serta iComfort Prodigy. Those things are NOT cheap. I'm pretty happy with it but Hal is having problems He feels the version we bought is too firm. Our salesman (son of the owner) says to give it a month to break it and us in. He says he'll do right by us, supposedly we're allowed one exchange. But the fine print says "of equal or greater value". He neglected to mention that stipulation before we signed on the dotted line. The bed Hal thinks will be better is $200 cheaper but he's willing to lose that to get the softer bed. I'm going to see if they'll at least throw in a free pillow. Those aren't cheap either. Fingers crossed on this one, stay tuned, a month is a couple weeks from now.

Luna's got a limp. It's either a pulled/torn muscle or a torn ligament. I hope it's the muscle because ligaments usually require surgery. It's her left front leg that Ziggy yanked on about a month ago. She squealed at the time and limped for a couple days then it seemed to go away till a few days ago. I'm limiting her walking (and therefore mine and Ziggy's because she looks so sad when I leave her) but there hasn't been much improvement. It doesn't help that she likes to bounce up and down when she gets excited. She gets excited when I walk into the room. *sigh*

As for the weather, spring finally arrived in force I would say. The temps have been better, in the 50s and low 60s and the snow finally melted as did most of the pond ice, only a little there now. In fact my crocus started blooming last week.
And the pussy willows started a couple weeks ago but it's been so cold that they've still barely popped out.
And today I woke up to a dusting of snow. Actually, it's closer to 1/4" of snow but the ground is so warm it's only stuck to the deck and trees. Still, it's rather annoying as predicted temps are only 45f today, colder than normal yet again. No sun either so it will probably stick around most of the day. However, I refuse to take a photo of it. It can just go away to be barely remembered.

No comments: