Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Chicks Arrived Today

And they all were ALIVE!! I was so very relieved. They sent me one extra of each type for a total of 27; 15 buckeyes and 12 golden laced wyandottes. Every chick was cheeping, running about and immediately began pecking at the food on the floor of their pen when I released them this morning.

I put them on the other side of a partition from the guinea keets who then panicked and stampeded into the back corner. I was afraid they would suffocate each other but eventually they settled down and spread out again. I'm not even going to mention how many of those are left because they seem to drop dead at a moment's notice. A couple of them are definitely not growing as quickly as the others, but if I lose any more now it's past 48 hours so I won't get a refund beyond what I lost by the end of business today. I'm not sure I agree with that since it's not my fault they shipped them over a weekend. Not much I can do about it other than lie about how many died and I just can't bring myself to do that. Guess mom brought me up right.

So, after I post this I'll check in on them one more time and go to bed and hope for the best.

(edited to add photo)

No comments: