Saturday, November 20, 2021

Lyra

 On Monday, November 15 at 6 pm EST my sister's yellow lab, Lyra, whom my brother and I picked from a litter in October of 2008, and I got to raise for 5 weeks, passed across the Rainbow Bridge. She was a sweet dog, loved riding in his dad's truck, hanging with my sister while gardening, loved walks. 

A few short months ago she was diagnosed with cancer of the spleen and my sister was told she could go at any time. But Lyra kept hanging on, her heart too strong and she was starting to suffer at the end so she and her boyfriend made the heart wrenching decision to take her to a vet to end her suffering. Took numerous phone calls to find a vet willing to do it that day. Their own vet, who told them about the cancer in the first place, said they couldn't get her in for a week! I don't care what kind of excuses they had, covid, or whatever, that is sickening.  But they did find someone and she is no longer suffering. Here are a couple photos from happier times, Christmas 2020.

L to R: Kaylee, Ziggy, Lyra

Lyra always looked so serious in photos!

She is missed.

No comments: