Thursday, June 17, 2021

Passed the Rough Electrical!

 We passed the rough electrical inspection on Tuesday! One hurdle down. Apparently the inspector liked the fact we had a sub panel in the laundry room. I don't know why that was particularly pleasing but whatever works. He seemed to think Hal does good work. Well, he does!

That same day I met with one of the 3 kitchen designers, and so far the only one who gets back to me when she says she will. I'm ready to tell the others thanks but no thanks, as much as I like their cabinets. We spent about 90 minutes perfecting the design Hopefully we will finalize things by next Wednesday when I go back so we can order, Prices are going up on July 2nd. I have my fingers crossed they won't break the budget but don't hold out much hope, too many things are an upgrade like full extension drawers and 42" tall upper cabinets. Those are included in the local company but as I said, she isn't getting back to me.

Then looked at and selected faucets for the master bath and guest bath. She is ordering the ones for the master bath, I need to bring in the guest bath light to see how well the brass matches since they are from different companies. The master bath faucets will be matte black and are the Delta Stryke series. They are new and pricey, though with her discount, not as expensive as the link to Home Depot shows. I was just looking around and saw another less expensive one I also like called Lahara. Perhaps that would do for the guest bath.

No comments: