Thursday, January 31, 2019

Keto Bread

Hal and I have been missing bread and rice but  as rice is a no-no I ordered the ingredients to make keto friendly bread from a recipe I found on the diet doctor website. It uses these ingredients:

  • 1¼ cups almond flour
  • 5 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 2 tsp cider vinegar
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 3 egg whites
  • 2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
  • Mix it quickly (don't pour the hot water right onto the eggs, mix the eggs into the dry ingredients first) and form flattish balls and bake at 350 F for an hour. We liked it so I made it again but raised the temp to 365 because they were a bit soft inside.

  • The second time the insides had a purple tint, but that doesn't change the taste which I find sort of like a multigrain bread with a hint of rye. Not for everyone but very satisfying. The link provides carb content, etc plus tips.
  • Here are photos of my first batch and the hamburger buns they became.




  • I had a hard time getting the sesame seeds to stick so I left them off the second batch. Ate 2 of these yesterday, one for breakfast then one for dinner. It screwed up my macros so I will not be having 2 per day again.

No comments: