Wednesday, February 16, 2022

We've Officially/Unofficially Moved In

 It still feels a little surreal, but Hal and I moved into the Palace about 3 weeks ago, just before the appliances arrived. Till then I was cooking dinner in the air fryer, crockpot and on a 1 burner camp stove. I sure do love having a real gas stove again.

Because we're living here, we can work on the house as the mood strikes us. Hal got the 11 doors installed that I ordered, and I've painted 3 of them so far. I had to spackle the screw holes and other defects before I can paint the door jambs. I've also bought the stain for the 2 pine doors, Zar in Walnut. I'm painting the doors with the same color as the ceiling, Fresh Popcorn by Behr but in their satin alkyd paint.
door stain

2 painted doors
The Delta Lahara faucet I ordered also came in a couple weeks ago. Now the guest bathroom only needs the tub surround and the mirror.
Hal also changed our address this week and put up a mailbox at the end of the driveway today. Once the ground thaws he'll install it on a proper post. We haven't had a lot of snow lately and it hit 47.3 degrees today, so we've had some melting. Back to normal tomorrow with snow expected next week. It's been a pretty cold winter, lots of teens and below zero at night. It's nice to have a little warmth even if it's only for a day.


The real, final move into the Palace won't be for a couple months yet, we need to install a lot of baseboard molding and door casings before we can move the king bed, extremely heavy entertainment center, etc., into the house. But it sure is nicer being here!

No comments: