Sunday, February 27, 2022

It's the Little Things

 Hal and I are relaxing more on weekends now, doing the harder work like painting doors, creating window jambs, etc. during the week and doing things that make life living here easier on the weekends, or just goofing off if we need to. So, this weekend, I did some rearranging in the kitchen while Hal searched for our maple sap supplies and did little things for the house like installing the toilet paper holders!

our bathroom

guest bath, Delta Lahara
Today, we put up the closet system in the guest bedroom where we've been sleeping since mid-January. It is going to be much better than having clothes sitting on the floor or stacking up on top of the plastic drawer units we have. I bought a Closet Evolution system from Home Depot a couple months ago and it's been waiting in on the floor of my sewing room since then. I had already checked for parts, and it was missing 3 of the four 35" closet rods. I emailed the company, and they called me back the next day and immediately shipped the missing rods and I had them a couple days later. 

We followed the instructions and though it was a little tedious, it was up in a little over 3 hours. Hal had to cut 2 rods and a shelf to fit as it could span 96" and the closet was only about 84".

cutting a shelf

installing a drywall anchor

the system
This closet is already stuffed with my clothes on 3 rods and 1 rod for Hal, though most of his stuff is in his walk-in closet. We liked it enough that I figured out what to get for my much longer closet in our master bedroom. I've decided that if I can't fit all my clothes into my own closet and bureau then I will need to start purging.



No comments: