Tuesday, March 2, 2021

YES, this MUST Be the Final Floor Plan!

So as anyone knows who follows this blog, my floor plan for our new  home has changed many times. I did it again in February. Right below is the new one. I pushed the wall to the left of the dining table out a foot, then I was able to I flip the walk-in closet with the laundry room. The laundry room became bigger and you no longer have to walk through the closet to access it from the master bedroom.

Another advantage it allowed me to move the guest room closet up, increasing it's size to be equivalent with the other small bedroom. There was extra length in the guest bath that wasn't needed and as the walk-in closet is smaller now, the door into the guest bath also shifted, a small hallway had to be created to accommodate the door.

the newer plan
Below is the January plan. The smaller guest room, walk-thru from the laundry into the closet and excess space in the guest bath always bugged me. Now it doesn't'
the older plan

The photo below shows the old walls in white and the changed walls in black.


Since I did this the only changes has been fairly innocuous, an inch here or there to smooth things out. I am rather pleased (yet again.)

No comments: