Monday, March 15, 2021

Dare I Mention....

 ....that I changed the floor plan a wee bit more?

Not to worry though, it's not drastic. This came about because Hal and I discussed last night ways to make the home more uniquely our own (yes, I know we're building it, how more our own can we get?) What we mean is not just a bunch of rooms with painted drywall. So we had talked about an accent wall of knotty pine or some other wood and this morning decided the best wall would be the one in the living room opposite the kitchen. But the way the plan was designed that wall would include the door into the master bedroom suite and I felt it would look odd, so I bumped out the door to put it in-line with the dining room wall instead. Now the living room wall ends neatly at that little 1 foot deep side wall making it more symmetrical. I think  it will look pretty nice.

In this photo, the black wall with door is where it was, and the white wall and door is where it now is planned.

And this is kind of how it would look.
I think it will look rather cool.

No comments: