Thursday, March 14, 2019

Real (ish) Bread!

So I Found a recipe for low carb bread on youtube last week, ordered the ingredients and they came Tuesday. Wednesday I made the recipe and we each had a slice for dinner. It was pretty dang AWESOME. It has yeast in it, a teaspoon of honey which the yeast eats so supposedly we don't have to count the carbs in it, (whether or not that is true, it's so little per slice it's no biggie). It also has oat fiber (not flour) and vital wheat gluten which you'll hear all sorts of keto fanatics arguing it is NOT keto, but though it's made from wheat flour they remove the starch and leave just protein. You find the fanatics putting all kinds of protein powder in their drinks and food but because this comes out of wheat flour it screams BAD to them. Until there are actual studies done on it I am not going to worry.


It can be made in my bread machine, but it came out lopsided so next time I will try baking it in the oven.

Tonight I made us sandwiches for dinner using this bread and meatloaf slices. So, very nice to have a sandwich again!
Hal's Sandwich

No comments: