Thursday, March 14, 2019

Keto Meals

So we've been at this for 7 weeks and doing pretty well, Hal is down 18 pounds and I am down 23. Thought I'd showcase a few of the meals we've been eating. All without the sides of rice and potatoes and pasta of course. And bread.

Bought a fresh salmon filet last week and cut off about 14 ounces and baked it with garlic, salt and pepper, butter and some sugar free maple syrup which isn't too bad actually. The salmon tasted great with a side of sauteed asparagus. Salad was also served.

To celebrate a wight milestone the other day I took some keto chili I had made the previous week, mixed it with scrambled egg and wrapped it in a spinach/wheat flour tortilla, added a tiny bit of enchilada sauce and some Mexican shredded cheese. It was awesome to have a "real" tortilla again and that tortilla was only 5 Net carbs instead of the usual 16 plus net carbs.

A pizza on a cheese dough called "fathead" Tasty, and it holds the stuff on it but not as awesome as my usual wheat flour dough.
Chicken and portabella mushrooms, on zucchini noodles, aka zoodles, green beans and an attempt at flourless bread.
Shrimp and asparagus, mushrooms in garlic butter and another attempt at bread.
Because we can't have pasta I bought some Skinny Pasta shirataki noodles made from a root called kanjac. I followed the directions and we had them under some gravy dish, which I can't remember right now, but I found them plasticky, a bit chewy and really not worth buying again. I do have 2 more packages from different brands to try but I haven't rushed to make them.





No comments: