Wednesday, October 25, 2017

T-8 and T-9 Truss Lift

On the 22nd Hal and I raised the smallest trusses, 24 feet long, with the new winches. Actually Hal did 99% of the work as the handles on these were rotary and I did not have the arm strength to continue after the first couple of turns. These winches worked very well though and hopefully will work just as well when it's time to lift the longest trusses in the build, the 40 foot T-5s.

Here is a link to a slightly longer video of this lift. Halfway through you'll notice the angle gets tilted. The battery died and after replacing it I did not really have time to line things up, but it's still obvious what happens. I really need to find my tripod!

T8-T9 Lift.

These trusses are for the small bedrooms' wing.
The new trusses are next to Hal's truck

No comments: