Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Staining Hiatus

I stained one coat on the west side of the house north of the chimney. It needs 2 coats though I think it looks pretty good with one. But I had to stop as it was so hot I was on the verge of passing out on the ladder. So I thought I would wait till it cools off a little which is supposed to happen Wednesday after thunderstorms move through. Highs in the 70s will be much nicer than the high 80s. But now I see there is rain possible every day for a week which will keep the humidity high as well so it might take longer to get it done. However, I can always start cleaning the north wall. It will be shadier, though buggier, and not requiring the tall ladder.

So until then I can help Hal with the barn-home build. And how is that going you might ask? Next post.

No comments: