Tuesday, March 21, 2017

She's Not Toothless... Yet

So a couple days after Ziggy's tongue operation I went to brush Luna's teeth on (Sunday night?) and noticed one of her back molars was rather ragged. On closer inspection I saw the side was sheered off and there was a piece of tooth floating below the gumline. She did not like me touching it. I had no idea she had broken it though I should have as I heard it when it happened. She was chewing on one of those peanut butter stuffed bones, heard a horrendous crack and I checked the floor for a broken piece and didn't find one but for some reason I didn't suspect he tooth. Luna never made a noise.

Luna pants a lot. Looking back at the few weeks between the break and he discovery she really seemed to be panting more. But I didn't put two and two together. So my poor girl had probably been in pain at least a month. She got to see the vet by midweek and on Friday, had it removed.

It's been 10 days or so and she's panting a lot again. I guess I had better go look at the removal spot just in case. SHe finished her antibiotics a few days ago.

No comments: