Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Settling In, Sort Of

So we've been in the farmhouse a month. I've unpacked a few boxes, don't want to unpack much as there isn't a lot of room to put things. Can't find a lot of things, like my DVDs, I didn't pack them, didn't pay attention to the SIL packing them but I can't find a box labeled DVD so it looks like I won't see them till we move into the new place. Can't find my flashlight which is also very annoying. Fortunately for Kaylee, all her toys are accounted for! Hal got rid of my broken recliner, I'm using one of our old wingback chairs we managed to stuff into the family room along with my glider rocker and my dad's old recliner. Everything else makes my back hurt.

In the only room they're allowed

Because the fenced in area isn't attached to the house I have been taking the dogs on a short wal very early evert day, usually before 8 am, then we come back and they get dinner and eventually another walk before they get to go in the pheasant pen. Some days they have no problems being in there for hours, other days the whining and howling starts up pretty quickly. Today they will be coming with me to the build because 2 of Hal's brothers will be in the pen knocking down the tall poles that used  to hold up the netting. They have to behave and not crawl  under the floor joists with us while we lay down vapor barrier.







No comments: