Thursday, June 14, 2018

Still Some Tedious Things to do Before the Roofing Starts

Last week I cut a bunch of 12 and 17 inch 2 x 4's for Hal to stick between all the purlins at the overhangs. I'm not sure what the blocking is for as those purlins are held in place with hurricane anchors, but I'm sure it's important.

Today he is busy putting up the varge rafters on the ends of the garage.


Varge (aka barge) rafters are the ones stuck to the ends of all the purlin overhangs, others might call them fascia. Ours will eventually be clad in white metal trim He's got to straighten the ends of all those purlins and nail them in place possibly by hanging over the edge of the roof. Hal informed me he'll be using a tree stand harness to ensure he doesn't fall off. I hope he really does that because I'm not there to watch him.. He started the other day but yesterday was too windy to be up there, and though the winds aren't as mild as we'd like at least they've dropped below the 20-30 mph winds that came with the morning thunderstorm.


The blocking is above his head

No comments: