Monday, August 6, 2018

Resource Guarding

I have a problem. Ziggy is becoming more aggressive toward Kaylee. He started collecting the 2 toys he used to play with but hasn't touched in months but that she has been playing with. He is growling and baring his teeth. He was doing it when she got near Hal. I looked it up, this can get nasty. So I'm trying to use the advice I'm reading about and feeding Ziggy really tasty treats when he gets near her. I had them sitting right next to each other and fed him hard salami. I probably need to find something with less salt, but it's what I had. They say this reconditioning can take weeks and ALL the sites I read said I should consult a behaviorist. That isn't going to happen around here.

I've also taken the little chicken and duck toy and put them up on a table. They are not getting them back until further notice.

This is turning into a nightmare.

Do I even want to get into the raccoon fights Ziggy had yesterday and today? His aggression is definitely getting worse. (and yes, he is up to date on his rabies shot which is good because the big one did bite hm on the lip yesterday. (yes, I also called and talked to the emergency vet).

I need a xanax.

No comments: