Wednesday, August 22, 2018

A Pup Update

Took Kaylee for her second set of shots yesterday. She now weighs 18 pounds, almost 6 more than when I got her and she's getting taller. She still has a bit of coccidia and  now has a urinary tract infection, so she's being treated for both. Sometimes I get to sleep 4 whole hours before she want to go outside. Potty training is going well. She rings jingle bells hung on the front door knob when she wants to go out though for some strange reason she's decided to pee on the deck 3 times today rather than go down into the grass. I did find a small puddle by the front door tonight though, the main door was open so the bells were not obvious to her. I'll have to hang some from the storm door now.

Ziggy took a nip out of her this morning when she tried for the bone he was chewing on, though they've been trading it back and off for 3 days. I had to intervene, Ziggy knows he did wrong. (No, I don't beat his butt, but he knows I was unhappy with him. I took the bone away for most of the day.) Tonight though he was eating that bone and she sidled over to him and started cleaning his ear and he did not take offense. Photo isn't great as they were facing away from me, but hopefully the tide is turning.
didn't quite catch the actual cleaning, but they are close


No comments: