Sunday, July 15, 2018

Head Gasket or Something Else?

So the reason I did not take my car to look at the puppies was because shortly after I pulled my 2006 Chevy Equinox out of the garage I notice white smoke or steam coming out of the engine grill. When I lifted the hood it looked like it was coming out of a pipe at the front of the engine on the passenger side. When Hal finally looked at it the next day it obviously was not the pipe (which he thinks might also have a tiny rack in it) but it was pouring out of the base of the engine on the passenger side.

So I searched the internet today. Everything points to the head gasket being blown. Oh joy. It's also been losing coolant for months and the last time I was at the dealer they supposedly put dye in the system to figure out where it is leaking. Yesterday while Hal was looking at it I had to add nearly a half gallon of coolant to the surge tank.

Tomorrow is Monday and I will finally be able to call the dealer and discuss the symptoms. I suspect I will have to have the car towed, driving with a blown head gasket is not generally a good idea.

No comments: