Tuesday, July 17, 2018

A Rotted EGR System, NOT the Head Gasket!

So the dealer called this morning with the good news. I had my car towed there yesterday morning even though I couldn't get an appointment before Wednesday. I was hoping they'd have a cancellation and get to it earlier.

The white smoke is pouring out of rotted pipes under the engine and the head gasket is apparently fine. So that was a bullet dodged. With over 193.000 miles on an engine it's hard to say what can go wrong. But NO2 gases are pretty corrosive so it's not surprising the hose was falling apart, I know the connection at the top seemed to have a small leak and the fabric cover was falling off as well. So they will order the kit today and install it tomorrow and I'll have my Rory back by tomorrow night.

While they're at it I'm having them change the oil as it's been over 400 miles and 7 months as well as check what is causing the slow leak in my left year tire. It's nice not to be sitting waiting for everything to be done.

Looking forward to having my own set of wheels back!

No comments: