Friday, July 20, 2018

Garage Is Mostly Done!

Even though it was hotter, and more humid and we were tired and the sun was beating down and the wind was iffy, we got the last 2 full sheets of steel on the garage yesterday! Yes there are 2 half sheets to go as well as the ridge vent but Hal says we will do them later. The ridge will go up when the the entire roof is sheathed (and we figure out how we're going to do it without sliding off the roof), and the end pieces around that same time. One reason I can see holding off on the end pieces is that after they are cut in half, the edges are exposed and subject to rusting. If we're ready to put the fascia on over it that will minimize the exposure to the elements.

Also, I have convinced Hal to spend some money and buy some scaffolding! He's been talking about building things to help him get up in the air but I figure his time is worth the $1000 for something we can then use elsewhere.

So here is the final garage photo for now. I get some time off until he is ready to start the main roof. He's got eave girts and fascia boards to install first. So tomorrow I'm off to visit my puppy!

No comments: