Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Christmas Trees

 As the house is not yet finished, I opted to forego a real tree indoors for my nifty little artificial tree I bought at Kmart for 79 bucks many years ago. I never have figured out where exactly to put it in the Palace, I even tried to place it on the floor plan many times, but nothing seemed to work. So as the front door is still nailed shut because there are no steps to the outside, I just put the tree in front of it this year. This is it unfinished, but it certainly does not have enough room for all the ornaments I have in the box. Looks pretty nice to me.

And though it isn't the best-looking tree of biggest one, the big ones in the old windbreak are much too big, I decided to decorate this little transplanted tree. I moved it from the area the power company was clearing. They took out some nice trees which we planted before there were any power lines there. It's not very healthy looking, a but yellow, the drought didn't help. I hope it survives the winter.

This is how it looked a couple days ago. Kaylee is wondering where her goody is for waiting patiently while I took the photo.
I decided that the beads didn't show up very well from a distance so today I added garland. It looks a lot better, but I do wish the poor tree was a healthier green color.


No comments: