Friday, November 4, 2022

Wall Decor

 As building is on hiatus till Hal heals from his hernia surgery 3 weeks ago, I've been trying to figure out how to decorate our home on a budget. I had a few paintings and framed photos, still haven't found where all of them are, but between those and a few prints I bought on sale from Big Lots last week, I've done a little here and there though mostly in the great room.

This first one I put by the front door which can't be seen but is just on the other side of the entry closet. I saw this print a few times at the store and realized I kept thinking about it so I must really like it, and I do. The end table underneath will not stay there but until I figure out where to put it, it will stay here. The front door is inoperable for the time being anyway as there are no stairs outside yet.

This little bird print is between the still untrimmed living room windows. But, hey, at least those windows are stained!

This is a portrait of my mom, I hate to admit that it was never hung in the 20 years we lived in our last home, but now she proudly hangs near the dining table, easily seen from the living room. Looks like it was painted in 1950, 2 years after my parents married.
And this is the "wall of sound", at least that's what I called it in our last home. My original intention was to put the tall cabinets in the TV room, but I have since decided they look fine here though at some point I hope to stain them darker to get rid of the orange tint that oak seems to become after many years. The old-world print is Hal's and we thought it looked good above the TV, and I hung my photo of the Mackinac bridge on the left.

This bird print I put in our main bathroom, just something nice to look at whilst mucking about in the bath.
I did buy a 4th print which will go in the guest room, but it hasn't been hung yet as I'm not sure which wall to put it on. It's the little one in the line-up below. I still have stuff in boxes I haven't unpacked yet.

No comments: