Thursday, September 26, 2024

Raised Gardens

 I decided this year not to deal with gardening in the ground but instead in pots and planters. It will cut way down on the weeding and be easier on my back, plus the added benefit of having everything nearer the house for watering and harvesting veggies. 

I had already bought 7 round pots like I have in front of the house for behind the garage and then I got a 2 for 1 deal on a couple smaller ones I decided to put by the back door with cherry tomato plants. I also bought some metal planters that I had to screw together and then fill with soil, mostly for flowers.

I first bought 2 in peacock blue which turned out to be a sort of blue-green color, 4' long x 2' wide by 1' tall. I put these behind the house next to our patio. They have mostly flowers but a pepper or 2 and herbs, rosemary, curly leaf parsley and Greek oregano. My basil I grew from seed isn't doing very well so I planted more seed directly, we'll see if it grows. (The basil and oregano plants I bought form Home Depot died in their store containers within a couple days of purchase.)

8' Planter for Front Yard

Backyard Planters

Front yard Early in Summer



No comments: