Thursday, September 26, 2024

I've Been Negligent in Posting!

 I wasn't even planning on making a post today, but I came back looking for information from last summer, and couldn't find it, ah, well. But since I'm here, a few highlights. I'll even throw in a few pics.


  • We finally got someone to come turn on our HVAC unit! It's not been officially commissioned, but it's running and keeping our home at a nice even 73 degrees. At some point the guy is supposed to return and install something between it and the water heater. No clue if and when that will happen. But at least it's progress! Hal installed a check valve between it and the pressure tank and that is working well, too.
  • I went on a cruise to Alaska in August, the inside passage with Hal's sister, youngest brother and his family. It was great, good weather, got to see Glacier Bay, Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. Took a couple of excursions, mushing on wheeled carts with sled dogs and a train ride up into the mountains. Whale watching, too, though we didn't see much other than a few tails.
  • Hal and I got a lot of trim work done on the interior of the house. We still have more to go but the dining room and guest bedroom have all the baseboard. The guest room and our bedroom even have the closet jambs and trim finished. No doors yet, but it is more progress.
  • I'm still playing guitar and am finding it easier to play my acoustic, finally, the strings are a lot thicker and stiffer than my electrics, so it took some getting used to.
  • Yesterday we started setting up the TV/Music room properly by moving the wall units and speakers from the living room. Hal set up a sound bar he got from his sister in the living room. It will suffice until I buy better speakers for it.
    TV Room with Shelf Units

    New Pantry Door and Trim

    Me at Glacier Bay, Alaska

    Living Room without the Shelf Units

    Hallway with Finished Trim

    Foyer with Finished Trim

No comments: