Saturday, March 18, 2023

Changed my Blog's Name

 Well, as we moved out of the swamp 3ish years ago, I figured I ought to change the title to something other than Life in the Swamp

This new house is pretty much on a small hill in a large field. Sure, the property has some swamp but nothing like what the old property had and that was only half the size of this one. We were also in the center of a small village that actually has a gas station, a bar, post office and sort of a downtown. This place downtown has a post office and that's it. It had a country, once upon a time but it sits derelict now as well. But it is 17.5 miles closer to the big city of Alpena, so that's something worthwhile. It's also close to 2 of our favorite restaurants, Rosa's and The Stone Bar, which is a definite plus. I do miss being surrounded by trees though, the hay fever is abysmal till the first cutting, but there aren't any deer flies buzzing around as soon as we step outside. That's a big relief to me and the pups.

Plus, we do love this house we built ourselves!

Now the name Life Outside the Swamp isn't that exciting, but as I have yet to think of anything better, it will have to do. I am open to suggestions, my many, many followers..

And now a short interlude.






No comments: