Sunday, February 12, 2023

Well, How About a Short Update?

So, Hal and I recovered from covid. Took the last 2 weeks my sister was here and then some to recover, so the rest of the holidays sucked. thank goodness my sister took over cooking and cleaning or we would have been more miserable. I think the 5 days of Paxlovid I got at the hospital helped me, though the side effects on the first 2 days were miserable, and then there was the metallic taste it gave everything. A few days later I couldn't taste or smell anything at all! That lasted well into January. Poor Hal had a 5-day sore throat and then lost his senses of taste and smell, too. His doctor didn't bother getting him Paxlovid. Now we just have an annoying residual, random cough. As for my other health news, the huge lump on my head is mostly gone and I no longer look like I've been in a bar fight. I really need to stop falling down.

We haven't started work on the house yet this year and decided to take February off. We are cleaning up things in the house, throwing out stuff, donating stuff. Plus, Hal bought and built some metal shelves for the garage which is really helping. I finally have a place to store all the Christmas stuff as well as my overflow of yarn and fabric, I really need to sell or donate some of the yarn, I just have no time or inclination to crochet anymore, I've got other things I prefer to do now, the main thing to be blogged about later.

Here is a photo of the shelving. Nice to get all the grocery bags of drinks off the floor. The window wall also has 3 more shelves.


No comments: