Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Mini Greenhouse

 Last month I ordered a mini greenhouse from Home Depot, it was on sale for $35. It has 5 tiers, will easily fit a couple 20-inch-long trays on each shelf. It also has a reasonably nice (one back corner had an open seam for about 8 inches, I just used tape rather than take it off to try and sew it together), zippered plastic cover to keep the wind out and seedlings reasonably warm though it's definitely not going outside till the temperatures no longer drop below 30F at a minimum. It came in a flat box and all I had to do was fit all the pieces together, posts into holes, no screws or tools required.

The box with a wire shelf

some of the parts

took about 30 minutes




Here is the greenhouse with some inexpensive, $22  grow lights I bought from Amazon. I placed it in front of the unused front door till it can be moved outside. Already have 2 year old lupines sprouting, as well as monarda and asters. I'll plant more seeds this coming weekend. Trying not to plant too early, depending on the variety so I don't have my usual leggy seedling problem.


The open seam

No comments: