Saturday, July 16, 2022

The Guest Bathtub Is Ready to Use

Hal and I finally got around to installing the tub surround in the guest bath.  This is the box of Flexstone in color Frost.

After dry fitting and trimming a little here and there we glued up the walls and secured them for 24 hours by\y leaning lumber against the walls. We did one wall a day.


Plumbing wall

The back wall is the first to go up.

Once the walls are up, I installed all the trim, it only took a couple hours, there wasn't a lot of trimming to do. I then installed the metal bracket for the corner shelf.

The shelf unit comes premade and is slipped over the bracket at a slight angle to drain water, glued and clamped in place. Ater a day I then calked all the corners.

Hal also installed the plumbing fixtures, the same Delta Lahara as the vanity, in champagne bronze. There is also a shower head, of course. I have since put up a matching curved shower rod by Moen and a curtain. It came out beautifully, I think.
Delta Lahara


No comments: