Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Kaylee is a Healthy Pup!

The several urine tests showing bits of red and white blood cells in her urine has been bothering me for the last couple of months. The vets even sent a sample to MSU in East Lansing for testing to see if there was any more bacteria. Nothing grew so it was just why was there blood. She was also spayed on Feb 7th and the vets wanted another sample 3-4 weeks later to see if perhaps the juvenile vaginitis she had was the cause.

Well today I brought her in, they used a needle to take a clean sample from her bladder, and yippee, no blood, totally clean. I, as well as the vets are very happy, as is Kaylee I am sure. They think it probably was the juvenile vaginitis after all. So she won't need any more of these tests unless she gets another UTI. Ironically, if she hadn't gotten the damn UTI there wouldn't have been any tests, no evidence of blood, and none of this needless worry. Ah well.

I also took Ziggy in for a blood test to ensure the carprofen he's been taking for his bad back was not detrimentally affecting his kidneys or liver. And those numbers were within the normal range so I have another bottle of pills for him. This is good because he was really messed up the last 4 days. I even had to give him tramadol 2 nights in a row his pain was so bad. Poor boy.

But he's feeling better now so for now all is right in my pups' world.

No comments: