Saturday, June 23, 2018

Luna

The good day on Thursday, when she ate, and walked, rolled on the grass, laid in her swamp, and greeted people who came by was followed on Friday by limp tail, not eating anything for 36 plus hours, not caring when I drove her over to see Judy. The light was literally gone from her eyes. This morning she coughed up a vile yellow liquid shortly after fighting her to force down pills which was never a problem before. So Hal and I took her back to see Dr King at 11 am. Her lungs sounded worse to him, I made the decision, Dr King agreed it was for the best.

So my best yellow furry friend in all the world was gone by noon. I feel like maybe I jumped the gun, maybe another day would have made a difference, but probably not.  Watching her slowly fade away, in obvious respiratory distress, but not acting like it really hurt.... Dogs are so damn stoic.

We took her to our new home. We took Ziggy. He knows, he watched us bury her. I always thought I'd bury her next to Rocket but we're moving. We can't take Rocket with us but I can take a few of the mass of daffodils planted over his grave with us and plant them over hers. I'll be able to see the hill where she lays by the lilac and white oak tree from the new house.

This hurts so much.

I miss you so much my sweet little Luna.

Goodbye.

Luna  9-11-2005 to 6-23-2018

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Everyone loves you & we all send our condolences. I know my mother is up there playing with Luna & Diana's cat Scamp.
(Steve)